Monday, December 6, 2010

Hopes of an Egyptian mother-Eman Hammady

Alsalamu Alaikom wa Rahmatullahy wa Barakatuh…

From a land which might be way far from some of you… A land where the sun has been worshipped ages and ages ago… The land of one of the wonders of the world… The pyramids… The Sphinx… and of course the Nile. Allah’s gift to this country… From the land that knew Islam through Amr Ibn Alaas (May Allah be pleased with him)… Here I am Eman A. Hammady… J

Born and living in Cairo-Egypt. Middle class family, where earning a living isn’t much problem, Alhamdulillah… not rich not poor…A single mother of a 5 years old adorable son, Obada. He’s a gem and my life (meri jaan-in Hindi). I have been single for two and a half years and I am really happy enjoying it for my marriage life was rubbish…
I took the decision, left my ex-husband’s house back to my parents’ and decided to throw every single failure behind and start from scratch. All thanks and Praises to Allah (SWT) for He supported me the most. In less than three months, I have nought a new car and got a new job with a very good salary, Alhamdulillah. I found a good nursery to my son and I have such a loving family…

Everything was perfect, Alhamdulillah, till the very first day in work. My second mother, granny, passed away. She was my mother, my friend, my aunt and of course my old granny who always needed help J She was sooooo funny and my cousins and I always had fun teasing her, listening to her stories and laughing at them. On that day, I saw her, lying on the bed. Not a single movement, but Wallahy she looked as if she was sleeping. I cried all night beside her till my eyes were red and in the morning I tried to pull myself together and I kissed he goodbye for the last time in my life and I went to work before those people came to wash her (Ghosl) to be prayed upon and buried later.

It took some time for me and the whole family to overcome grandma’s loss, but life always goes on, no matter what. There at work I met those wonderful people, later became my bunch of best friends. Those friends were Allah’s gift to me, because He (SWT) knew I needed true people around, Alhamdulillah. Now it’s been more than 2 years together and we are always there for each other, in work and personal life, Alhamdulillah. Later came facebook, to me another gift, where I found my school buddies that I’ve lost years behind. Thank God we got together and we meet from time to time…

I work as a trainer in different universities in Egypt in a national project for developing the students skills to be ready for market after graduation. And Alhamdulillah, I’m considered from the top performing trainers, another gift. And I love and enjoy my job very much.

Now what I think of or what I look for is, my future! Where would I be after 5 years, doing what or even married to whom (if I am going to). I am also worried about my son. I don’t want him to suffer ever or to get carried away of Allah’s path. I try my best to raise him to be a well being Muslim. Someone positive and helpful, either to his religion or his community. I made him join a school where proper Islamic teachings are being taught to the children and Thank God those kinds of schools are increasing here in Egypt. I really don’t look forward to see him a great doctor or engineer but I only want to see him a good Muslim…

As for myself, I know everything will be fine In Shaa Allah, because the hard times are gone Alhamdulillah. But as a girl who wishes to live a perfect and happy life, I wish I can get married to this person who would be as a father to my son. A friend, a partner and a lover. Who can simply bring me the whole world in one second by a tender look. I know he exists. I know he is there, but when is the meet. Only Allah (SWT) knows. Till then, life will go on…

No comments:

Post a Comment